Really Excited For Tomorrow
My friend Eli (trans), myself, and my friend Laura (ally) are visiting a local church’s youth group to answer questions they have about our Gay-Straight Alliance and what it’s like being LGBT in High School. They’ve given us the questions beforehand.
- Are you comfortable with yourself and your sexual orientation? Does it feel weird to like people of the same gender?
- Do your family members feel comfortable or uncomfortable with you being gay or lesbian?
- When you tell a friend or family member that you are gay or bisexual, and they are against it, how do you deal with that?
- How do you know if the person you are attracted to has the same sexual orientation?
- Do you have many friends?
- Is it hard to find a partner?
- How old were you when you realized you were gay/lesbian?
- Do you ever want to get married?
- Do you ever want to have kids?
- Do you think you are treated any differently due to your sexual orientation?
- Do you feel uncomfortable in this community?
- Are there certain places you can find a lot of people that have the same sexual orientation?
- Do you know anyone who is transgender?
Should be fun!