How My Teachers Will Remember Me
- 9th Grade Band: "There was once this student that played the piccolo... poorly."
- Earth System Science 1: "There was once this student who shrieked when we watched 'Signs'."
- World History 1: "There was once this student who blamed me for talking too much when he went to his next class late."
- German 2: "There was once this student who stole a giant a tub of Fluff from my room."
- Adv. English 9: "There was once this student who made me explain why I didn't think that Finny and Gene in A Separate Peace were gay."
- Geometry: "There was once this student who was unable to grasp the concept of triangles."
- 10th Grade Band: "There was once this student who played the piccolo... slightly less poorly."
- Biology 1: "There was once this student that called me out for not letting myself be respected while teaching."
- World History 2: "There was once this student who wrote a poem about Karl Marx... and a year later got hired by my husband."
- German 3: "There was once this student that raised my blood pressure to unfortunate extremes."
- Algebra 2: "There was once this student who always pretended he had just 'lost' homework he hadn't actually done."
- Adv. English 10: "There was once this student who... actually we aren't going to talk about him."
- AP Euro: "There was once this student who was intrigued by the Renaissance's obsession with orgasms."
- AP Gov: "There was once this student who never showed up until halfway into the class period."
- AP English: "There was once this student who agreed with me when I said I needed to lose five pounds."
- Science Fiction / Fantasy: "There was once this student who actually tried."
- Precalculus: "There was once this student who gave me a hand-knitted scarf for Christmas."
- Adv. Journalism: "There was once this student who... actually we still aren't going to talk about him."
- Adv. German: "There was once this student who was responsible for me questioning my choice of profession after he told me to 'drop it' when I was subtly calling him out for missing class."
- Adv. Geology: "There was once this student who took naps lying down on his desk... and still passed this class."
- AP US: "There once was this student who wrote and read poems during class discussions."
So I Met The Guy Who Wrote My AP Euro Textbook
He lives in my town–Dr. Jackson Spielvogel–actually just a few blocks away from my house. He wrote Western Civilization, which is one of the very few textbooks used for AP Euro and it’s really awesome.
Anyways, because he lives in town he came to visit my AP Euro class today. He’s a very nice old man, buys a BMW for all his grandchildren on their 18th birthday (that kind of shows how much money that he makes from this textbook).
We got to ask questions, and I diligently raised my hand and asked “Since J.K. Rowling is a British author, would you ever consider including her in the next editions of your textbook?”
Evidently he loves Harry Potter and will definitely make an effort to include Harry Potter in the modern culture chapter in his next (ninth) edition.
Got up the courage to look at my grade. Final grade for the semester an A. :D
I start AP Gov next Monday, should be a much easier course.
MY FINAL AP EURO GRADE IS IN MY INBOX
I don’t want to look.
I don’t want to look.
Questions not usually asked:
- 1: Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed?
- 2: Do you take the shampoos and conditioner bottles from hotel?
- 3: Do you sleep with your sheets tucked in or out?
- 4: Have you ever stolen a street sign before?
- 5: Do you like to use post-it notes?
- 6: Do you cut out coupons but then never use them?
- 7: Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of a bees?
- 8: Do you have freckles?
- 9: Do you always smile for pictures?
- 10: What is your biggest pet peeve?
- 11: Do you ever count your steps when you walk?
- 12: Have you ever peed in the woods?
- 13: What about pooped in the woods?
- 14: Do you ever dance even if theres no music playing?
- 15: Do you chew your pens and pencils?
- 16: How many people have you slept with this week?
- 17: What size is your bed?
- 18: What is your Song of the week?
- 19: Is it okay for guys to wear pink?
- 20: Do you still watch cartoons?
- 21: Whats your least favorite movie?
- 22: Where would you bury hidden treasure if you had some?
- 23: What do you drink with dinner?
- 24: What do you dip a chicken nugget in?
- 25: What is your favorite food?
- 26: What movies could you watch over and over and still love?
- 27: Last person you kissed/kissed you?
- 28: Were you ever a boy/girl scout?
- 29: Would you ever strip or pose nude in a magazine?
- 30: When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper?
- 31: Can you change the oil on a car?
- 32: Ever gotten a speeding ticket?
- 33: Ever ran out of gas?
- 34: Favorite kind of sandwich?
- 35: Best thing to eat for breakfast?
- 36: What is your usual bedtime?
- 37: Are you lazy?
- 38: When you were a kid, what did you dress up as for Halloween?
- 39: What is your Chinese astrological sign?
- 40: How many languages can you speak?
- 41: Do you have any magazine subscriptions?
- 42: Which are better legos or lincoln logs?
- 43: Are you stubborn?
- 44: Who is better...Leno or Letterman?
- 45: Ever watch soap operas?
- 46: Are you afraid of heights?
- 47: Do you sing in the car?
- 48: Do you sing in the shower?
- 49: Do you dance in the car?
- 50: Ever used a gun?
- 51: Last time you got a portrait taken by a photographer?
- 52: Do you think musicals are cheesy?
- 53: Is Christmas stressful?
- 54: Ever eat a pierogi?
- 55: Favorite type of fruit pie?
- 56: Occupations you wanted to be when you were a kid?
- 57: Do you believe in ghosts?
- 58: Ever have a Deja-vu feeling?
- 59: Take a vitamin daily?
- 60: Wear slippers?
- 61: Wear a bath robe?
- 62: What do you wear to bed?
- 63: First concert?
- 64: Wal-Mart, Target or Kmart?
- 65: Nike or Adidas?
- 66: Cheetos Or Fritos?
- 67: Peanuts or Sunflower seeds?
- 68: Ever hear of the group Tres Bien?
- 69: Ever take dance lessons?
- 70: Is there a profession you picture your future spouse doing?
- 71: Can you curl your tongue?
- 72: Ever won a spelling bee?
- 73: Have you ever cried because you were so happy?
- 74: Own any record albums?
- 75: Own a record player?
- 76: Regularly burn incense?
- 77: Ever been in love?
- 78: Who would you like to see in concert?
- 79: What was the last concert you saw?
- 80: Hot tea or cold tea?
- 81: Tea or coffee?
- 82: Sugar or snickerdoodles?
- 83: Can you swim well?
- 84: Can you hold your breath without holding your nose?
- 85: Are you patient?
- 86: DJ or band, at a wedding?
- 87: Ever won a contest?
- 88: Ever have plastic surgery?
- 89: Which are better black or green olives?
- 90: Can you knit or crochet?
- 91: Best room for a fireplace?
- 92: Do you want to get married?
- 93: If married, how long have you been married?
- 94: Who was your HS crush?
- 95: Do you cry and throw a fit until you get your own way?
- 96: Do you have kids?
- 97: Do you want kids?
- 98: Whats your favorite color?
- 99: Do you miss anyone right now?
It goes without saying
This homework could be going a little better
I could be studying for AP Euro
But instead I’m going through my GIF folder and labeling each one of them. Here’s a preview.
How I feel in the hallways at school:
I’m going through a mini crisis right now.
I don’t have a date. I don’t plan on having one at anytime in the near future. Not exactly of my own choosing, but, I go to High School in Central Pennsylvania. Options = Limited.
Anyways. I’m freaking out because IF I had a date, I don’t know what I would wear.
What do guys WEAR on dates. Winter? Spring? Summer?
And I’m afraid I’d sleep through it.
I have Euro Homework.
SOMEBODY TELL ME WHAT TO WEAR ON MY NONEXISTENT DATE